About this item:
Blue Ox Ascent Tow Bars features an aircraft grade aluminum construction that weighs in at just 31 lbs. These bars allow maneuvering around tight corners as the legs are 2″ longer. The offset triple lugs make simple. Rubber boots prevent dirt from getting in the legs. Diamond Vogel metallic powder coat finish. No centering pin – easy to stow, easy to store.
Easy to connect with Long, Self-Aligning Arms:
The Ascent’s convenient, self-centering arms help to make connect to a snap. Older and more economical tow bars have rigid arms that are essentially locked in place so you have to drive your towed vehicle into the exact position necessary for hookup. But with the Ascent, you can connect from the approximate towing position quickly and easily. Once you have connected the tow bar to your vehicle’s base plates, simply drive your RV forward until the tow bar arms fully extend and lock in place. Before hitting the road, be sure to check that the arms are properly latched to avoid damage to your towing setup.
The Ascent’s arms are also longer than the arms on the average tow bar. As a result, they provide an improved turning radius, making it easy to maneuver around obstacles and execute sharp turns.
Non-Binding for Simple Disconnect:
Being unable to unhook your car because of a bind in the tow bar is really frustrating. And the tight spots and uneven terrain at some campsites can put your tow bar into a bind, even if you’re careful.
Fortunately, Blue Ox has defeated the age-old problem of binding by creating a tow bar that is just as easy to release as it is to hook up. Simply press down the handles on the tow bar arms until the internal latch disengages. By releasing some of the static pressure from the tow bar, you can move the arms just enough to make disconnecting your car a snap, even if it’s not perfectly lined up with your RV.
Sturdy, Dependable Triple-Lug Connection:
The Blue Ox base plates on your vehicle are equipped with two tabs each that connect to the brackets on the ends of these tow bar arms. The triple-lug design of the Ascent tow bar creates a tight, stable connection by surrounding both base plate lugs. The result is a sturdy, reinforced connection that is strong and rigid for a safe, dependable towing experience.
Hooking up the Ascent to your base plates is as simple as it is secure. Just line up the triple-lug end of the tow bar arm with the base plate so that the center lug is positioned between the two tabs of the base plate. Then insert the 1/2″ keeper pin through all of the lugs and secure it with the included quick pin.
Heavy-Duty, Vinyl-Coated Safety Cables Included:
The vinyl-coated safety cables, which have a 7,500-lb weight rating, provide added protection should the tow bar ever disconnect during towing. Steel hooks connect each cable to your towed vehicle’s base plates and to your motorhome’s trailer hitch.
The Ascent can be easily stored on your RV when it’s not in use. Once the arms are disconnected from the base plate, just fold them together so they are side by side. Then swing the arms toward your RV, sliding the integrated pin into the bracket located on the shank of the tow bar to secure it in place. Finally, push the arms down so they are parallel with your RV’s bumper.
Guide to Flat Towing:
Flat towing your vehicle is much more convenient than using a trailer or a tow dolly. These other options take up much more storage space, leaving you less room both at home and at the campsite. In addition, securing your vehicle to a trailer or tow dolly can be a hassle and more time consuming than hooking up with a tow bar.
There are 5 basic components needed when flat towing a vehicle: a tow bar, a base plate kit, a safety cable set, tow bar wiring, and a supplemental braking system.
The tow bar links your towed car to your motorhome. It attaches to the custom-fit base plates that install on the frame of your towed car. Safety cables ensure that your towed car does not separate from your motorhome in the event that your tow bar becomes detached. Tow bar wiring allows your towed vehicle’s signal lights to sync up with your motorhome’s tail lights, which is required by law in most states. Finally, the supplemental braking system – also required in most states – brakes your towed car when the brakes in your motorhome are activated, preventing wear on the motorhome and decreasing braking distance for your entire setup.
- Tow bar lets you tow your full-sized pickup truck or SUV safely and securely behind your motorhome
- Slides into trailer hitch receiver on RV – no ball mount necessary
- Non-binding latches make it easy to unhook tow bar on any terrain
- Low-profile handles provide a seamless look
- Swivel function makes it easy to connect, even on unlevel ground
- Self-aligning design – just hook up to base plates on towed vehicle and drive RV forward
- Arms extend into rigid, tow-ready position and automatically center and lock into place
- Long arms improve turning range so you can easily maneuver your rig
- Move around gas pumps and other obstacles with ease
- take corners without worrying about your towed vehicle contacting your RV
- Offset triple-lug brackets provide reinforced connection point for base plates
- Each arm attaches and detaches from base plates with 2 easy-to-access pins
- Rubber boots protect telescoping arms from dirt and debris
- Easy storage on the back of your RV – just fold up arms
- Heavy-duty steel construction is powder coated to resist corrosion
- 7,500-lb Rated safety cables are included
- Made in the USA
- Blue Ox Tow Bar – BX4370
- Hitch Mount Style
- 7500 lbs
- Blue Ox
- 40 Pounds
- Stores on RV
- Hitch-mounted tow bar lets you safely flat tow your full-sized truck or SUV on your next excursion. Non-binding latches make it easy to disconnect no matter the angle or terrain. Folds up neatly against your RV for easy storage.
- Compatibility: fits all Blue Ox base plates
- Can be adapted for use with etrailer base plates with an adapter (e98986 – sold separately)
- Can be adapted for use with Roadmaster direct-connect base plates with an adapter (RO64FR – sold separately)
- Can be adapted for use with Demco base plates with an adapter (DM9523127 – sold separately)
- Application: 2″ x 2″ trailer hitch receivers
- Arm length (from center of hitch pin hole to center of base plate pin hole when lined up with arm straight):
- Extended: 51″
- Retracted: 42-1/4″
- Additional 2″ length available if using farthest hitch pin hole
- Weight capacity: 7,500 lbs
- Weight: 31 lbs
- 3-Year warranty
Necessities for Flat Towing:
- For the RV For the Towed Car To Link the Towed Car and RV
- Hitch Base plates Tow bar
- Wiring plug Braking system Safety cables
- Wiring kit/diodes Wiring adapter cord
- Easy Hookup with Long, Self-Aligning Arms
- Blue Ox Ascent Self-Aligning Arms